Thursday, August 12, 2010

Natural Hairstyles

Natural Hair Styles that I have tried


  • Two Strand Twist- I usually do them myself and they last for a decent amount of time. They can be styled multiple ways and they are easy to maintain. You can un-ravel them to achieve a twist out. To maintain just rub a little Shea butter at night mist with water in the morning and fluff.


  • Twist Out- Usually last about a week for me. Very cute and you can create different sizes according to the size twists that you create. To maintain just rub a little Shea butter at night mist with water in the morning and fluff.

  • Braids/Cornrows- Love them but hate to get them done (I’m very tender headed :’( ) Last about 2-3 weeks, I usually grease my scalp with Shea butter or some type of moisturizer. If done straight back I unravel for a braid out.

  • Braid Out- Can be done with plaits or cornrows. I prefer cornrows, but since I can’t braid to save my life I achieve this style through plaits. Last the same amount of time as twist outs and I follow the same maintenance.


  • Box Braids w/weave- Hated it!!! My hair became so frizzy and it didn’t last at all (my hair wouldn’t blend at all). I would not recommend unless you’re transitioning.

  • Box Braids w/o weave- It was ok. My hair still became frizzy but it wasn’t like it was like the weave. Followed the same maintenance as the two strand twist

  • Sew In/Weave (complete) - Loved it! It gave my hair a break and it was pretty easy to maintain. I had to use oil to moisturize my hair and scalp. The only cons were that my scalp would get itchy at times and that the weave was the same a maintaining relaxed hair, which I had forgotten how to do for a second.

  • Kinky Twist- Absolutely LOVED!!! Lasted a long time due to the fact that it blended very well with my natural hair. Easy to maintain, just moisturized my hair with oil and moisturized my hair with a hair lotion. I would use African Pride Braid Spray when my scalp became itchy.

  • Wigs- Love them…I use them every time I want to change up my look or want the look of straight or colored hair. I plait my hair underneath or have someone cornrow my hair and just moisturize my hair with water and Shea butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment