Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Regime

Hey,

Just wanted to fill you guys in on my regime. Once a month a wash my hair with shampoo (Head and Shoulders) and deep condition (ORS Replenishing Pak) for about thirty to forty five minutes. Before I shampoo I divide my hair in four sections and then braid my hair in sixteen plaits, this helps a lot in my opinion. I usually shampoo in the shower, I take down one plait at a time and shampoo the scalp and let the suds from the shampoo clean my hair and I then braid it back with the shampoo still in. After I have shampooed all the plaits, I rinse the shampoo out while the plaits are still intact. It helps to squeeze the plaits while rinsing to make sure all the shampoo is out. After I’m done I repeat the same process for the deep conditioner the difference is that I detangle with my paddle brush at this stage. I use a regular clear plastic cap (unless I can’t find one then I use a good ole shopping bag), and do other stuff for about 30-45 minutes. I rinse it out the same way as I do the shampoo only this time it’s in a sink. After I shampoo I usually do a protective style such as two strand twist, and since my hair is already section off it’s faster to style my hair. I take each plait and split it into four and then twist it using my Shea butter. I don’t curl my ends using anything like rollers or rods I just twirl them around my finger and that’s good enough for me. When I two strand twist my hair I hardly ever use a comb to part anymore I just feel and part with my fingers. It usually takes me about 3-4 hours to finish. After I’m all done I just put on my satin cap and call it a day. This style lasts about two weeks, during this time I’ll probably co-wash my hair every other week to prolong the style. When my hair starts to get frizzy I’ll either rock a twist out or ‘fro it out with a head band. If I’m wearing a puff I co-wash every week with only 5-6 plaits around my entire head. Then just add Shea butter and let it air dry. At night I don’t braid/twist my hair, I just throw rub Shea butter on and throw on my satin cap. In the morning I spritz my hair with water and fluff, and I’m out the door. With the humidity in South Florida my hair shrinks a little. Also I hardly ever use oil on my hair, my hair doesn’t seem to like oil that much unless it’s mixed in Shea butter. I’m not really good a styling my hair, every now and then I’ll try something, usually a friend will help me out, lol. Recently I did a pompadour with a braid out in a puff and it was cute. I’ll upload some pics of some styles or post a link to my natural hair photo album. Well that’s all for now…Much Love and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment