Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls

Hey,
Since I had my baby a lot if things have changed in my life. First off I can't eat any and everything that I want or buy stuff that's already made without reading its ingredient list. Why you may ask? The reason for this is that my baby is allergic to dairy,not eggs though, and she is exclusively breast fed. So a lot of my favorite foods (eggplant Parmesan) and desserts I have had to give up. Or so I thought until I started researching substitution online. I learned with baking I could substitute milk for soy/almond milk and butter for Crisco. Yay, I can have cookies and cakes again. Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a huge sweet tooth. So lately I have been baking like crazy. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, mini bunt cakes,etc. Then one day I craving a cinnamon roll. So I look up the recipe to see what all I needed. When I was glancing at the ingredients I became a little intimidated by the fact that you have to use yeast. I've never made raising dough before, but I wanted my cinnamon roll darn it. So I gathered my ingredients and started the beginnings of a great roll. Here's the pics below.



















No comments:

Post a Comment