Friday, April 12, 2013

Locs?

Hey All,
For awhile I have been thinking about locking my hair. I've done my research on it many times. I've helped my friends with the grooming of their locs, although they call them dreads. Last year while I was pregnant, I came to dread to style my hair. My go to styles after my first trimester were two strand twists pinned in an Updo. I was tired of dealing with my thick kinky hair, I couldn't do wash n gos or braid/twist out that last more than three or four days. To add insult to injury I'm not a great hair stylist. I could go on and on about my hair. I really want a low maintenance hair style where I wouldn't have to wash and detangle then style, but also without having to cutting off my hair. Time is not in my side these days especially when i have a super active 7 month old, plus I will be going back to school this fall. I love the look of locs. I love how you could create many simple styles with locs and how I wouldn't have to worry about my hair becoming a twa when wet. Every time I wore yarn braids I would fall in love with the look of locs on me. Since talking with my loved ones and friends I'm still straddling the fence to do it or not do it. I believe I might just put in some two strand twists and decide from there. But that's enough of my ramblings. You guys have a good night. Much love and many blessings.😘

Kismet

(Some old pics of me with yarn braids)






No comments:

Post a Comment