Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Interview of Another Natural

Hey,


Below is an interview of another natural/friend that was kind enough to let me interview her. Her name is Ja'Stevia and she's one the sweetest people that you'll ever meet! Thanks again!!!




Would you please give us a short description of yourself?


-21 year old college female, who loves her hair




What does natural mean to you or should mean to black women?


-Getting back to my roots


-Appreciating what I was given


-Going against the stereotypes of what beauty is or should be




Do you remember when you got your first relaxer or how old you were?


-I was 5 years old when I got my first relaxer




How long did you have a relaxer?


-15 years




When did you decide to become natural? Why?


-In March 2009. Cut it all off in Oct. I grew tired of trying to find a good hair dresser.




How long did you transition or did you do the big chop?


-7 mos


What were your perception of beauty before transitioning? After?


-Not to sound cliche, but I always believed beauty was a packaged deal... inside and out. I felt more empowered after the transition




Your first immediate thoughts after you cut your hair? The day after? Did you question your decision?


-My immediate thoughts were, "I did it!" "I love it!"




Do you miss anything from your relaxed days?


-Yes, Combing my hair while dry.




Do you think you'll ever go back to a relaxer?


-No ma'am




What is your regime? Do it differ from when you were relaxed? Harder/easier?


-Wash every 3 days or so... give or take a few.


-Use a really good Shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner


-Moisturizer (shea butter every so often)


-My favorite is the wash -n- go


-Head bands, side combs, you name it


So much easier... I think I take better care of my hair now than ever.




What do you love about your natural hair?


-My natural curl pattern




Do you feel beautiful?


-Yes indeed


What's your signature style?


-Side comb, more of an '80's look




What do you believe will be next in your journey?


-Sista locks?!




What type of attention have you received since you've been natural?


-Some positive, negative, mixed




What type of guys do you attract now?


-The Kind that can appreciate beauty in any shape, size, style or fashion




What's the most common question have you've been asked regarding your hair?


-Is that your natural hair color?




Do you think you'll ever relax your children's hair?


-No, the decision is theirs




Do you think more women will make the switch over to natural now that it more accepted in our society?


-Yes, ma'am! It's like a natural movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment