Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Interview #2 of Another Natural

Keosha


Would you please give us a short description of yourself?

 
I would probably describe myself as an extremely bubbly and happy person.

What does natural mean to you?

To me my natural hair means a new start and a new me.. my natural hair is a sign of my personal growth into my own true identity.

Do you remember when you got your first relaxer or how old you were?
How long did you have a relaxer?

I got my first relaxer when i was nine (i hated it and was sooo pissed)
I kept my hair relaxed for nine years after that.

When did you decide to become natural? Why?
I decided to become natural when i was 18 because i saw how beautiful it was and how much of a difference it made in someone's appearance and personality.

How long did you transition or did you do the big chop? Your first immediate thoughts after you cut your hair. The day after? Did you question your decision?
When i did my big chop i was scared as heck!! I thought i was gonna look like a freakin alien, but i actually felt more beautiful than i ever had with my relaxed hair. The next day i did somewhat question my decision as to why i did it. thinkin that maybe i did it to just follow the new trend. But when i look back on it now i know it was probably the best decision i have ever made in my life.

Do you miss anything from your relaxed days?
I dont miss anything about my relaxed days.. My hair is so much thicker and i even have a better grade of hair since i went natural.

Do you think you'll ever go back to a relaxer?
I will absolutely NEVER go back to relaxed hair. Bein natural feels too good.. lol

What do you love about your natural hair?
I think the thing i love most about my natural hair is the healthiness.. I even have more body to my hair than i did before when i was permimg it..

What's your signature style?
For right now my signature style is rockin my fro. I normally might put a pretty head band in the front.

What do you believe will be next in your journey?
In a few weeks I plan to take my fro to the lock stage.. I'm really nervous about it but super excited all at the same time.

Do you attract more attention since you've been natural?
I definitely attract more attention with my natural hair. A lot of men come up to me and tell me how beautiful it is and how much it fits my face.

What's the most common question have you've been asked regarding your hair?
I always get asked the question why. Everyone wants to know why i cut my hair off. But i always tell them until you do it for yourself you'll never know the full effect of how i feel about it.

Do you think you'll ever relax your children's hair?
I will never relax my children’s hair.. i might hot comb it but i will never put chemicals in it.

Do you think more women will make the switch over to natural now that it more accepted in our society?
I really hope women switch to natural hair.. I think It's the most beautiful thing. Just looking around at all the people who have switched to natural i mean even my mother and sister have and it really does put a change in someone's attitude and in their appearance. It really and truly enhances natural beauty and even ugly people can do that.. lol






No comments:

Post a Comment