Sunday, January 18, 2015

DIY Wedding #2

Hey All,

If you've read my previous post you know that I'm getting married!

My fiancé and I have been together for seven years. We've always planned to get married but things always made us postpone the date. My fiancé always thought having a wedding wasn't necessary and our money would be better spent elsewhere. So he just wanted to go to the courthouse.

I on the other hand had my wedding planned since I was little girl. I wanted to have a giant ball room dress with a sparkly tiara and my groom to have the tuxedo with the tails in the back.

When I became pregnant with my daughter, I started to see that dream get a little dimmer. I'm a very realistic person, I knew once my daughter was here, all my focus and resources would be going to her. So I started to plan for a courthouse ceremony with a reception dinner afterwards, but my heart wasn't in it. It wasn't how I wanted to get married.

Last fall my fiancé's best friend got married and my fiancé was one of the groomsmen. When he came back from the wedding he realized why having a wedding was such a big deal to me.

We made the agreement that it would be small but nice. He told me to start planning and look at places to give us a ball park of where our budget would be.

So that's how my wedding planning started. In my next post I'll go over how I came up with our budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment