Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Retwist

Hey All,


This last week and a half have been pretty good to me and my locs. I haven't had any locs unravel on me and my scalp hasn't been giving me any problems. Usually with my twists I would have to start thinking about taking them down because of my scalp starting to flake or some twists starting to lock on their own.  


I've been misting my scalp and hair to provide moisture and then oiling my scalp  with Alikay Naturals Essential Oil mix and applying my own oil mix to my locs. The reason why I apply Alikay Naturals oils to my scalp is because their oils target the root for growth and my oil mix supplies a moisturizing sealant to my locs themselves. After that I may go without a satin bonnet for about 20 minutes before the thought of lint attacking my baby locs, then I place my satin shield of protection back on. My scalp is very dry so I have to mist and oil everyday.


Today I did my first ever re-twist on my locs and I did them myself (proud moment). I really want to wash my hair but I held off because my scalp was flake free which is very unusual. Instead of washing I used Organic Root Stimulator Dry Shampoo which wasn't too bad. After I applied it to my scalp, I waited about a minute then I ran a wash cloth over my scalp to wipe away any dirt or old sweat. I then misted my hair with my DIY spritz and applied a little bit of Tropical Roots styling gel and palm rolled counter clockwise and held the twist in place with a double prong metal clip. After completing my whole head, I felt pretty good about it, especially after asking my fiancé how it turned out. After about 3 1/2 to 4 hours I took the clips out the back and put on my satin bonnet so I could go to sleep.


Also before I forget, I don't know if I put this in my post before but their was this one particular loc that had a huge part in my hairline and it kept bothering me every time I looked at it. Well I took it down and made it into two locs, which I'm more comfortable with.


That's all for now. I'll see you guys in two and a half weeks with my 1 month update.

Also please leave a comment telling me how did your first month go? Much love and many blessings.


Kismet


P.s. Please check out my YouTube channel Kismetfreedom09

No comments:

Post a Comment